Category Archives: Weather
Please send your best pictures and we will share them here. As ever, email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well friends, another day and another season! Today feels like early summer, a balmy 70 degrees or so is the projected high and it is already a glorious day. If you are like me when it comes to the weather, you probably have two conflicting feelings about this:
1. A feeling of happiness brought about by blue sky, warm “summer” rays, a lack of humidity and (so far) no mosquitoes.
2. A feeling of panic that the climate is completely out of wack and we are all, in the years to come, in trouble unless we can collectively take action really, really quickly!
My solution to this contradiction is the following: restore your spirits by walking and enjoying the amazing weather AND channel some of your restored energy into reminding our leaders (elected and otherwise) that they need to do much more about climate change (paging Gov. Hogan).
So, in the spirit of renewal, take a look at this picture from my morning walk (and please feel free to share your own at email@example.com):
The past weekend was incredibly cold and we had our first real snow of the season – above are a few pictures of the building site across from the Gallery Apts (you can also see the Whitehall in the background as well as the former site of Tough Temple Cross Fit). Feel free to share your pictures of snowy, cold Bethesda by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care out there folks. It it incredibly cold out there.
Here are a couple of thoughts for a chilly Thursday.
If you want to assist someone in a tougher spot than you, consider supporting Bethesda Cares Inc. or one of the many wonderful homeless organizations in Bethesda or the surrounding area. Their address: 7728 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Shifting gears, if you need a warm pick me up yourself, here are a few thoughts:
1. A warm and hearty soup at Panera Bread – yes it is a chain but they do have some lovely soups and the staff have always been super
2. La Madeline’s – a warm fire and warm soups – what’s not to like?
3. Satsuma and Raku – wonderful locations for noodle soups!
While it is still fall, I was chatting with someone about the coming winter and thought I’d take a look at the snow predictions. It isn’t pretty – take a look at this link.
The forecast can be summed up this way:
Well folks, it promises to be a cold Valentine’s day this year and here at Bethesda Actually we started to think about ways to make it a tad bit more enjoyable. And then the answer came to us…Soup!
What better way to spend Valentine’s day than enjoying a warm bowl of soup with your significant other, family and/ or friends?
Here are our top three list of places in Bethesda to get a warm bowl of soup this Sunday (or any day this week to be honest):
1. Kadhai Bethesda has many warming dishes on the menu, our personal recommendations are the Daal Takha or Daal Makhin – both are absolutely delightful.
2. Satsuma Bethesda – our favorites Japanese restaurant in the metro area has many wonderful noodle soups. Our favorite is the Udon Noodle soup!
3. La Madeline Bethesda makes the list in part due to their lovely soups but also the promise of enjoying the soup if front of a warm fire.
What are your favorite places in Bethesda to have soup?